Friday 29 August 2014

Stocking Up, Shopping & Food Finds

First of all, I exercised all this week except this morning because I was feeling a little iffy in the tummy, but four days out of five is pretty good going for me! I'm pleased with that. The 'Slim In 6' is a five day week programme.

I have my Grandson, Michael here. He is sleeping which he loves to do, probably because he has us wrapped round his little finger but he is SOOO CUTE!

Over the last few weeks I have been stocking up on my all time favourite essential cleaning products. I am stocking up on things for my mega big Christmas deep cleaning, you know, that cleaning when I pull everything out and clean behind things, on top of things, inside of things and so on.


Two bottles of pet Bissell carpet shampoo which is recommended to use with my very heavy Bissell cleaning machine. I clean my bedroom carpets, living room rug, landings and stair carpets with these products. I do clean my big living room rug occasionally throughout the year, and other carpets if I need to but they do get the mega clean at Christmas time.
I also stocked up on my Karcher window solution, WOW! This stuff is brilliant!
I also stocked up on air freshener machines, lavender for upstairs and, crisp linen and lilac fragrance for the downstairs entrance hall.


I am always trying to find equipment that makes it quicker and easier to keep on top of the mid weekly household jobs, so I decided to purchase the new Merlin handy vac for my laminate floors and to quickly go over the stairs and bedrooms daily inbetween the big vacuum that I do on Tuesday's. It just helps me keep well on top of things and the house always looks clean and tidy.
The swiffer. I already have one of these that I keep for my bathroom, loo and downstairs loo but I wanted one for my kitchen floor. I know that I could change the pads for the different rooms but I just did not like the idea of using a mop on my kitchen floor that is designated for a bathroom and loo and downstairs loo.

I received my Degusta subscription box yesterday.


Mexican Dave's lightly salted tortilla chips.
Berry White organic and no added sugar drink.
2 Schwartz Flavour Shots.
Caribbean Twist Strawberry Daiquiri drink.
Lindt Chocolates.
Cawston Press Apple & Pear drink.
Brioche Pasquier; 8 pack.
Brioche Pasquier; 6 chocolate pack.
Dr Oetker Edible Wafer baking cases.
A voucher for a free 4 pack Bircher Muesli Yogurts.

I have also been buying a few other bits and pieces over the last couple of weeks.


This is fantastic! It is a single induction hob and WOW! I have used it a few times and it is so quick it is unbelievable! I bought it for several reasons. It will be good come Christmas time.
I had also thought about maybe, just maybe doing a recipe video and this will be ideal if I need to use a hob.

When we purchased the hob the guy asked if I wanted the pan for the induction hob, I said no because I knew that my pans are suitable for induction, and the way to tell if your pans are suitable is to get a magnet and if the magnet sticks to the bottom of your pan then it is suitable to use on an induction hob which mine are.


My two new Boyfriend cardigans. They are a bit crinkled because I left them rolled up in my wardrobe.....naughty but they are hanging up in there now.
The black one isn't marked it is from my hands, I had talc on my hands....ooops! It will dust off.


Next is this: Eggies! These will hard boil or soft boil eggs without the shells. Maybe I will demonstrate this using my induction hob:) More on this will come!

Now food finds: New to me.


Small wraps for 2pp each. These are small as I said but great for a low point lunch or snack. I bought these from Sainsbury's


Mac n Cheese. Each sachet serves 2 but one portion works out at 7pp. I bought these from Asda.


This petite pain which I got in my Degusta box works out at 3pp which isn't bad. I have put the fork beside one of them to show the size.

There you have it, my latest everything. Nothing else has been happening but I am challenging myself to update daily!!

BACK TOMORROW!  :)

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates