Tuesday 28 April 2015

A Lot Going On

I got up yesterday morning and because I am having sinus problems again I decided to steam to help it. After that was done I done the usual facial routine and straightened my hair. All was well but then the phone rang, it was my husband to let me know how his medical went for his HGV licence renewal. As far as I was concerned it was just a formality and I was waiting to hear him say, that its done and all is well BUT! As soon as he spoke I could hear the panic and fear in his voice.

Hubby: "lovey, I have been told to go to A&E immediately, my blood pressure is 222 over 116 and I am at serious risk of having a stroke and I am NOT allowed to drive UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"

Of course I tried to stay calm but then my voice started quaking.
We worry about losing our other half all the time but to hear something like that we realise just how much we worry...scary stuff.

I rang our eldest son, Michael and told him and he immediately went up to get his Dad to take him to the A&E, I had to wait for our other two sons to get home because they didn't have their key to get in.
When I got to A&E my hubby was called in soon after. His blood pressure had dropped to 165 over 113 which was still high but better! I have to say that the hospital wasn't much good, they told him that he was okay to go home and carry on as normal and just go back to work, and yes he can drive, no medication was needed, and I quote, "According to the UK medical guide lines no medication was required"....YOU WHAT!!!! Go home and carry on like nothing was wrong! My hubby could be driving his bin wagon and getting all anxious because he is getting the usual abuse from the public and his blood pressure could be high again and possibly rise further and just to carry on....pffft
I made an appointment at the doctors and he went straight there. The doctor put him on blood pressure tablets straight away and has asked for an ECG to be done, also a cholesterol and urine check....THANK YOU DOCTOR!!!....BAH BLUMMIN HUMBUG A&E!!!
My hubby will probably be on blood pressure tablets for life now but rather that than the worst happening.


I walked to town this morning to make the appointment for my hubby's ECG. I walked which is good exercise and 1pp earned. On the way back I popped into Lidl, somewhere I don't usually go to. WOW! That shop is looking so much better that it used to; I haven't been in there for a year or two.

I want to say also, today is our 33rd WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!! I have been with my hubby since I was 14 years old and I married him at age 16. I wasn't pregnant or nothing like that, I simply loved and love him! I could have titled this blog, our 'Wedding Anniversary' but after the shock yesterday our Anniversary hasn't been in the forefront of my mind.

I decided to make a Bircher Muesli for my Breakfast and it was DELCIOUS!!

My menu in photo's for yesterday and today:


First thing:
ACV shot = 0pp

Breakfast:
Bircher Muesli
3 Dates = 3pp
30g Oats = 3pp
1 cup Almond Milk = 1pp
1 Pink Lady Apple = 0pp

Lunch/Snack:
Didn't get chance for a proper lunch because I was at the hospital with my hubby but when I got home I was hungry and I ended up snacking until I managed to get my evening meal made.
2 Bananas = 0pp
2 Weight Watchers Rich Toffee Bars = 3pp
1 Bag Metcalf Corn Snacks = 6pp

Evening Meal:
120g Chicken Breast = 4pp
60g Rice = 6pp
Asparagus = 0pp

Total spent today = 26pp
Weeklies spent today = 0pp
Total weeklies spent this week = 2pp

Today's menu in photo's



Breakfast:
30g Cereal = 3pp
1 Actimel = 2pp
Blueberries = 0pp

Lunch/Snacks:
Again I grazed. I MUST stop that because it will and maybe is becoming a habit, and a bad one at that!
I bought a few things from Lidl and that is what I grazed on.
Oh! In our Wedding Anniversary card from our son, Michael and his girlefriend there were 2 x 114g bars of Galaxy but because of the scare yesterday my hubby didn't have his and I just put mine down AND I didn't even look at it, but then, well, I ate BUT I have counted it in which worked out at 20pp I think a tad less that 20pp but I have counted 20pp for the full bar, and yes, I ate the full bar. I noticed shortly after eating it that I started to feel really tired and I ended up dozing off on the settee, probably due to a sugar crash when we eat high sugar things.

I didn't have my ACV shot this morning. For the last two days my tummy has felt a tad queasy on and off which I think has been down to the ACV shot, and I have had coughing fits. I haven't had a coughing fit today but my tummy is still feeling dodgy. I know that I should be watering the ACV right down and sipping on it throughout the day but I have just been downing it with little or no water just so it is done and over with for the day, but after I have downed it I quickly follow with plenty water. Downing it is not good really because it is an acid and it wont do my insides much good. I think it is alkalizing for the body though but until it reaches that point it is an acid.

1 Sandwich Biscuit = 3pp
1 Hazelnut Wafer = 3pp (came in at 2.5pp but I am counting 3pp)
3 Crackers = 3pp
1 x 114g Galaxy Bar = 20pp

Evening Meal:
150g Sweet Potato Fries = 6pp
1 Garlic & Herb Chicken = 3pp
Asparagus = 0pp
Cherry Tomatoes = 0pp

Dessert:
1 Mini Icecream = 3pp

Total spent today = 46pp
Weeklies spent today = 17pp
Total weeklies spent this week = 19pp

Well that is me for now. Back tomorrow.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates