Thursday 16 April 2015

Food Finds

I was so busy yesterday doing my big grocery shop, which I love to do! I love knowing that I have lots of healthy food choices in my house, but I didn't make the best food choices yesterday because of being out and about, although I did start off well and ate a banana for breakfast, but as the day went on I allowed myself to get hungry and I started grazing on the wrong type of snacky foods.

My first port of call was Asda where I bought lots of healthy foods and a salad for my lunch.


I usually buy the chicken, pasta and bacon salad but I opted for this which is a much better and healthier, low point choice.

I also found the new 'Hula Hoops Puft' snacks and they work out at 2 point per bag.


When I got back from Asda I put all my foods etc away and then went straight out to Costco. I was starting to feel hungry and then realised that I hadn't had my salad before going to Costco.

At Costco I stocked up with chicken breasts, veg, fruit, Broccoli salads, kale salads, tork rolls for cleaning, tea, coffee and a few treats for the freezer. One of the treats I found were these: Tropical Snack Nuggets. They come in a box of 48 (photo of the box is later in this blog post) and they work out at only 2 points per packet. They are small packets but they are packed and take a while to finish the packet.


On the way back from Costco I popped into Tesco where I bought sweet onions and salad dressings. I got home and put all that lot away.
The final grocery trip of the day was to Aldi. I watched a You Tube and someone had bought rice cakes from Aldi and so:


These are huge. These are the yogurt coated rice cakes, I also bought some of the milk chocolate covered rice cakes.


I ordered a, 'Nicer Dicer Plus' yesterday which arrived today. I didn't need this as I have other pieces of machinery that do the same jobs but sometimes we just want to grab a piece of kitchen equipment quickly and so I thought this would be for those times. It was only £8.50 and free delivery from Ebay so I bought it for my much already cupboard filled kitchen...tut tut!


Well that is me for today but I will be back tomorrow with my menus in photos and good tracking.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates