Thursday 11 September 2014

Driving, Housework, Food Find

It is still dark in the morning when I wake up...nice! I wake up with my husband; he gets up at around 5.30am....madness! He gets up at that time to get himself sorted because he starts work at 7am - Anyway I was up and at it bright and early and my first port of call was to clean the cats litter tray....isn't that a lovely job to do first thing in the morning?!...NOT! I then wiped down my downstairs loo wall tiles...another lovely job first thing in the morning...YEUK! I then fed and watered the cat and opened the patio doors for her to go into the conservatory where she loves to sit all day, although she isn't going in so much now because it is getting cooler here in the UK.

I then got a beef casserole started in the slow cooker for the hubby and boys evening meal tonight. Hubby and boys are off to a talk tonight about railways and staithes that used to be in the town where we live, and because of the time the talk starts I thought a casserole would be ideal so they can either have it before they go or just have a snack and have the casserole when they get back.

I had done all those jobs before 6.45am....phew!
After doing the above I then jumped under the shower. After my shower I stripped my bed and got the laundry started; I have quite a few loads of laundry to get through today.

This week my youngest son started college and of course I have to drive him there and pick him up which means me going there and back twice a day every day for 3 days a week, but it also means that I don't need to drive him and collect him today and tomorrow, or the weekend of course.

I have been getting stuck into housework this last week also and it feels great. I think the reason I am able to get on with it is because my sons are up and out of bed because of my youngest attending college, now I can make the noise...WooHoo i.e the vacuum etc - I just get on with things....oh! I can hear that a load of laundry has finished so I must go and get it into the tumble dryer and get another load in...I am on a roll, it is only 9.10am.

My food find today:


These work out at 1pp each or 7pp for the whole box. They aren't very big, one skewer is probably under the 1pp but it is always taken to the next highest if it is above 1/2pp.
As you can see I bought them from Iceland for £2 per box.


Here is my evening meal with NO veg...TUT TUT! I was tired so I just oven baked the skewers and then heated a packet of my 'Eat Water' noodles which are 0 points for half a packet but because I had the full packet I like to play it safe so I counted 1pp....probably just 1/2pp but I ain't taking any chances with my points :)

Well that is me for now and if I have anything else to report today then I will certainly get back.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates