Monday 23 June 2014

Now And Forever!

Okay then, here I am with a full update and to start my daily blogging and pics, now and forever!!

We have been quite busy over the last week or so with grocery shopping, having our Grandchildren over and life in general, but first the photo's that I said I would post last week of my Argos buys.


ABOVE: I seriously needed a new Tassimo machine. I had one of the first Tassimo machines and I discovered that a few of the newest milk T Discs just would not fit the old Tassimo which of course limited me to what drinks I could buy. Before I discovered this for myself I was in Costco some time ago and there was a lady demonstrating the Tassimo and I told her that I had heard that some of the new T Discs didn't fit the older Tassimo machine, this woman was quite nasty and adamant that all the T Discs DID fit the machines, new or older versions, I told her that I don't think they do but she got nastier, SO I bought some of the new fancier drinks on her say that the T Discs would fit my older Tassimo, but sure enough, they don't all fit the older machine....grrr - but now I can drink any of the Tassimo drinks using my new Tassimo machine.


ABOVE: I spotted this in the Argos catalogue and bought it for my laminate floors, although it will do tiled and vinyl floors also so a bonus there because my kitchen is tiled and my bathroom and loo and downstairs loo are vinyl floors. I have only patch tested this on my laminate floor and it is rather good but I am yet to do a good polish all over the floors using this.

I popped to Sainsbury's over the weekend for a few groceries. I went around the store and bought:
2 Weight Watcher ready meals
2 Lamb joints
2 bags of bananas
2 packets of ready cooked chicken
3 tins curry sauce
1 Baguette
3 bags of jam doughnuts...not for me, although I did have two over the weekend..Oops!
6 pack of Skinny Topcorn
Hobby magazine for hubby
Seafood Sticks
Large bottle of Sunflower Oil


It all came to £41.72 with £2.75 deduction for offers, which then left me to pay £38.97. Suddenly I remembered that I had my Nectar card with points on. I earn Nectar points not only when I buy items from Sainsbury's but also at other places i.e our energy supplier etc etc.
As soon as our items went through the till I handed my Nectar card to the girl and asked if she could tell me how many Nectar points I had on my card but because I hadn't used my Nectar card at my Sainsburys store for a while she couldn't tell me. She buzzed for someone from customer services who asked us to take our groceries to the customer services desk where she rang the head office to find out my Nectar details. I had to speak to the lady at the Nectar head office to confirm my details and to tell her that I would like my points taken off the price of my groceries. She told me that I had a healthy nectar balance of well over a thousand points. I had to then hand the phone back to the customer service assistant. She punched in keys on the till to take the balance of my points off my grocery total. I had no idea as to how much I had earned until she said, "right then, that is £1.47 to pay please"....whoohoo, yes I had earned £37.50 which left me with £1.47 to pay, so I got all those groceries for £1.47...SCORE!!!


Now for my meal in pictures for today. I am once again on 28 daily Pro Points.

My meals today:


40g All Bran = 2pp
1 Strawberry Actimel = 2pp
Blueberries = 0pp
TOTAL = 4pp


4 Weight Watchers Malted bread = 4pp
50g thin Ham = 2pp
1 heaped tsp Tesco Healthy Cheese Coleslaw = 2pp
1 Banana = 0pp
TOTAL = 8pp


1 Weight Watchers Sausage & Mash ready meal = 9pp
1 Rocky biscuit = 3pp
1 Blue Riband biscuit = 3pp
Milk for coffee = 1pp
TOTAL = 16pp

TOTAL SPENT TODAY = 28 PRO POINTS
Points left for today 0 pro points

I have updated my weight graph on the right of this blog.

I have lots more photos of my latest buys which I will add more tomorrow, so pop back then to see what I have been buying.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates